More questions that our book answers
THE BIG BOOK
One book that covers how to assess your workers’ compensation program, design the most cost-impacting strategy, roll out comprehensive changes to your organization, and monitor and manage the program going forward.
What’s in the Book?
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Basics
- Fundamentals of Cost Containment
- Training and Building Commitment
- Injury Management Best Practices Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting the Claim
- Post-Injury Response Procedure
- Communication with Employees
- Working with Your Insurance Adjusters or TPA
- Safety and Loss Control
- Wellness Programs
- Appendix A: Glossary of Abbreviations
Post Loss Implementation
- Return to Work and Transitional Duty
- Other Indemnity Cost Containment Methods
- Directing Medical Care
- Medical Cost Containment
- Fighting Fraud and Abuse
- Rehabilitating the Injured Employee
- Managing Prescription Drug Use and Abuse
- Claims Resolution and Settlements
- Federal Employees Compensation Act
- Appendix B: Documents Referenced in Book
The principles in our guidebook apply to any state, jurisdiction, or country. The program improves internal communications and operational best practices of employers. No matter where you are trying to train risk managers, this book will work for you! Of course, you will need to coordinate any new policies including those in our book with your in-house team of professionals.
DISCLAIMER: Do not use this information without independent verification. All laws vary and change frequently. Consult your attorney, insurance broker/agent, or another professional you select about workers’ compensation or other issues. Do NOT rely on information contained on this website.